ANTI-SPAM POLICY FOR LISAWOELLER.COM
Last Updated: January 7, 2017
What The Heck IS SPAM?
Spam refers to the electronic messaging via email of unsolicited, bulk, or indiscriminate messages–typically sent for a commercial purpose.
LisaWoeller.com has a ZERO-tolerance spam policy.
LisaWoeller.com does NOT use third-party, purchased, rented, or harvested mailing lists. In the footer of LisaWoeller.com’s email list contains a mandatory unsubscribe link. If a LisaWoeller.com subscriber no longer wishes to be a subscriber, he or she can click on the link and update their subscription status to “Unsubscribe.”
LisaWoeller.com’s email list is permission-based, double opt-in, and follows the strictest permission-based guidelines:
LisaWoeller.com Email List Verification Process
LisaWoeller.com will send out a confirmation email via MailChimp to the email address the user imputed on our opt-in form confirming their interest in becoming a subscriber to the LisaWoeller.com email list. The user then must confirm their email address by clicking on the link in the confirmation email. Only after the user has confirmed their email address is the user now a subscriber to the LisaWoeller.com email list.
LisaWoeller.com encourages all internet users be vigilant in protecting their email address online:
- Share your email address with people you know and trust.
- Read the fine print before signing up to any newsletters as your email address could be shared with third parties who may end up sending you spam.
- Treat your email address like it is your phone number. Don’t publicly display your email address on your social media bios (such as YouTube and Instagram) as any random internet user can target you and enter your email address on email opt-in forms on various websites without your permission.
- Don’t open emails with attachments from senders you don’t know or trust, as the email attachment may be a virus.
For online social networking safety tips and tips on protecting your email address online, LisaWoeller.com encourages users to visit: https://www.fightcyberstalking.org/general-online-safety/
LisaWoeller.com Email List Unsubscribe Process
At the bottom of every LisaWoeller.com email list contains an unsubscribe/update link. The subscriber will need to click on the link to unsubscribe. We require that the subscriber verify their email address before unsubscribing. This extra step is necessary to maintain their privacy and to protect the user against fraudulent activity. After the user has successfully unsubscribed they will no longer receive any future emails from the LisaWoeller.com email list.
LisaWoeller.com Email List Update Subscriber Email Address Process
At the bottom of every LisaWoeller.com email list contains an unsubscribe/update link. The subscriber will need to click on that link to update their email address. We require that the subscriber verify their new email address before updating their records. This extra step is necessary to maintain their privacy and to protect the user against fraudulent activity.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can: Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.